Monday, June 20, 2016

Day Book: June 20/16

My resolve to blog everyday didn't last long...two days, and then the weekend happened.




Outside my window....it looks like another very hot day. There is a breeze though because I can see lots of white and blue campanula blowing in the breeze. I am noticing that my clematis is now too tall for the trellis and is hanging out over the rest of the garden looking for a support to climb up. I will have to fix that.

I am thinking....about the yard sale planned for this weekend. I am dreading all the work involved, but I shall be glad to get this stuff out of the house. I will be wishing for the weather to co-operate. I am also thinking about the bridal shower I helped with and attended this past weekend. It was a great success and a lot of fun.

I am thankful for....my Sweetie. I pretty much ignored him this weekend, on Father's Day, for the shower. He didn't seem to mind. He sat on the front veranda  and primed the railing for me while I was out both Saturday and Sunday. I made him a roast beef dinner last night.

From the kitchen.....my dishwasher is empty. I am on my second cup of coffee. My porridge is waiting for me in the micro wave. My crockpot is soaking in the sink and the counters and stovetop are screaming to be cleaned. I have to make dog biscuits this morning as we are completely out and I am reminded about six times a day by the whining and soulful eyes on me.

I am wearing....blue jean capris and my Penguin (publishers) T-shirt. This is a T-shirt that I bought years ago while I worked in the library, and is falling apart at the seams, but I love it for around the house. My hair is in a ponytail.

I am creating......nothing today. I made a card for the bride-to-be to go with her gift I bought (from her registry). I made the "bow" on top with tulle and silk flowers. I created two bouquets for the party with my pink peonies and filler plants from my garden. I made a small banner for the back of her chair, a welcome sign with blackboard and coloured chalk, and helped to decorate the mantel and refreshment table. The hostess kept expressing her thanks for my assistance but she thought she was taking me away from all my own work at home. Let's be honest here. I don't consider this work. I like to create and decorate. This was a much needed diversion.

I am going.....nowhere today (I don't think). I DO have a lot of work to do at home.

I am reading.....just email and blog postings.

I am hoping.....I will be ready for the yard sale and that I can clean up the front lawn, driveway,  and garden beds before this weekend.

I am hearing..... the road traffic outside my window and the tinkling of my chimes on the front veranda. It is very quiet otherwise. Everyone is out and the pets are sleeping.

Around the house....the floors did not get vacuumed this weekend. There are boxes and bins everywhere of garage sale items. My dining table is not yet cleared off  from my crafting adventures. I have only managed to do the laundry and cooking the last couple of days. In my mind there is a war going on. Do I fight the weeds outside or the dust bunnies inside?

One of my favourite things......right now is "Downton Abbey". Remember I finished watching "The 100" on Netflix last week? Well, now I have finally found my new favourite series. People have recommended this show to me for years, professing that I would absolutely love it. They were right. I do.

A few plans for the rest of the week......include both weeding and straightening up the house (vacuuming.)
I still have all the pricing to do on my yard sale items.

Here is a picture I am sharing..... my Penguin T-shirt. Don't you love it?


3 comments:

  1. I chuckled at the fine print at the bottom of the T-Shirt! A clever idea from this publishing company! My son used to love penguins when he was little, he would have loved a Tshirt like this.

    The flowers on your front porch sound lovely. I wish I had to figure out how to support prolific flowering plants! I did have to figure out how to prop up my dying tomato plants last week, but they're not flowering anymore.

    I can't believe that you don't consider all that you did for the bridal shower work! I'm on the other side of the spectrum, I hate decorating and setting up parties and attending them so I'm happy that you had a good time and got to do what you love and happy that I wasn't called to do the same. Shudder!

    Oh, you reminded me that Greg and I never did finish to watch Downton Abbey. We watched the first 3 seasons (I think?) and loved it, and then we just stopped and the thought of having to rewatch several episodes to remember who was what and what was happening just stopped us from starting again. I think that, from now on, we shall wait until a series is completely done broadcasting before we even start watching it. I'd rather watch one or two episodes a night for several weeks in a row (or 8-10 episodes a day when Greg is away!) than have to go in fits and spurts like this. Well, now that Downton Abbey is over, I guess I can add that to our list of things to watch/rewatch! Thanks!

    Happy Belated Father's Day to your hubby. I'm sure he enjoyed the "downtime" and the lovely dinner you cooked for him. I'm a horrible wife who didn't cook for her husband pretty much the whole week, but I did get up and cook him breakfast before he left on his trip this morning!

    Have a great week, Susan. Good luck getting ready for the garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that. I will need all the luck I can get. But mostly, I need to get off my butt and get to work. Last night's rain storm brought cooler temps this morning. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel impressed with myself if I manage to cook and get the laundry done everyday, so I can certainly understand that status quo!

    I love your shirt--in fact, I think I had a poster with the same image on it. Penguin has a fantastic marketing team; I happen to generally like their books as well. :)

    Good luck with the yard sale pricing!

    ReplyDelete