Monday, July 18, 2016

Day Book: Monday, July 18/16

Outside my window.....it is hot and sunny with dark clouds at times that spit the occasional sun shower. It is too hot and humid for me to work outside today. 

I am thinking....of the great visit we had yesterday with my daughter, SIL, and two kids coming here to spend the afternoon with us at the Odessa Fair. 

I am thankful for.....my Sweetie installing a window fan in the window right beside me here at the computer. It is not an air conditioner but the blowing air makes it so much more comfortable here. I don't want to leave. Ha. 

From the kitchen.....there isn't a whole lot of cooking or baking going on. My Sweetie boiled some eggs to make egg salad, and I did even less by opening a can of Flakes of Chicken, chopped some celery up fine and made chicken salad. Sandwiches are all we ate for dinner last night. Tonight I will grill some sausages. The dog is out of his home baked treats but I may pick up some store bought instead. I need to pick up a few groceries for us this week. 

I am wearing..... the same thing I wore yesterday. I grabbed my red capris and threw on a light cotton tunic that is stained with blue Slushee I drank yesterday at the Fair. I didn't wake up until TEN o'clock this morning, so I will be showering later today. 

I am creating....a huge mess in my bedroom as I am going through and purging the linen closet. I took out two garbage bags so far of sheets, comforters and pillow cases that are going to Value Village. I am NOT going to save these for a yard sale. I just want them out. I also have boxes and boxes of gift wrappings that I will incorporate into my Craft Room as I purge and organize items in there. The closet where I was keeping these items has been commandeered by my son and his GF for their belongings which they want to keep and store in our house. They have nearly taken over the whole top floor of my house, except for our bedroom and master bath (and even then my son showered in our bath this morning because they had damp laundry hanging in theirs) There is no way they will fit into a TINY house. Just saying. Even though they have belongings everywhere, they have purged a lot and are keeping the beds and dressers mostly freed up so I can still use them as spare bedrooms for visitors. On the bright side, it is forcing both my husband and myself to downsize OUR belongings. 

I am going.....to spend my hour in the Craft Room today, hopefully to purge more items and tidy up some more work spaces as I go.  

I am hoping..... I can finish cleaning up both the Craft Room and my bedroom this week. 

I am hearing......the window fan working beside me. It pretty much drowns out any street noise, but not the noise of the television in the next room where my Sweetie is watching one of his Netflix series. 

Around the house.....I seem to have a lot of projects on the go. One seems to impact on another getting done first. For instance, the winter bedding needs to be stored in the room where the bed is. To gain some space in one of my spare room closets I need to find room in my Craft Room for the gift wrappings that I used to keep in there. The more space I can clear from the closet means the more available storage for my son and his GF to pack away more of theirs. Under the bed is already full up. 

One of my favourite things.....this week is the aforementioned window fan. 

A few plans for the rest of the week.....involve a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and a wedding this Saturday. 

Here is a picture I am sharing.....



I took back the needlepoint pansies from my pile of discarded items  ONLY because I did something with them immediately. I had them for years waiting for inspiration, but it bothered me that I was throwing them out, so I reacted by doing  SOMETHING with them. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the pansies on the flower pot, it really dresses it up and makes it more colorful! Great idea!

    I laughed when you said you didn't think your son and GF would be able to live in a tiny house... maybe they'll be like those people who have to rent a bunch of storage units because they say that they don't have any room at home... only your house is their storage unit? As you said, though, at least it makes you look at how much stuff YOU have that you don't want to keep. I have to declutter my linen closet too but then I'm thinking... what if I got rid of all those blankets but I needed them? We're in Florida. lol.

    I'm glad you had a great time with your family yesterday. Will you tell us about the fair in a later post? Enjoy your new window fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rustic old wooden flower pot made from wood. I like how it turned out with the addition of the needlepoint pansies.

    Yes, both my son and his GF have lived on their own for a number of years, so they are dealing with downsizing their own stuff and then their stuff from the combined households. It will take some time.

    ReplyDelete