Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Daybook: Tuesday, August 16/16

I actually got home late Sunday afternoon, just in time to make toasted BLTs for dinner. After supper, I had a couple of telephone calls to return. My friend (who had surgery) had paid a visit to my house, knowing that I was away for the weekend, and left a parcel for me to unwrap when I got home. My sister left no less than FOUR emails for me, which I only read yesterday. That is basically all I did yesterday was catch up on emails, make a weekly to-do list and SLEEP. I guess I had a lot of sleep to catch up on. I asked my Sweetie to wake me after two hours, which he did; but, I couldn't wake up. I slept for another hour until he tried again. Did I have trouble sleeping last night? Not at all....I slept in until 9:30 this morning.

Outside my window.....it is raining. Yay! It is a long, slow rain....great for the gardens.

I am thinking.......how hot and humid it still is, despite the rain coming in.

I am thankful for.....the rain.

From the kitchen........I have the dishwasher running. I will  cook dinner using either the fish fries or boneless, skinless chicken breasts because that is the only protein in my over the fridge freezer. I can't find anything in my chest freezer.

I am wearing.....denim capris and a white tank top.

I am creating.....more  cards this week. I bought a new "wink of Stella" brush marker and two-way tape on my Girls' Weekend shopping trip. (among other things). My son's birthday is on Thursday.

I am going...... to Kingston town, hopefully tomorrow. I need to go to Bulk Barn for a few items and Wednesday is Seniors Day (10% off). I have a load of stuff to drop off at the thrift store and the recycling plant. I need to pick up some copy paper from Staples (I have a gift card for there).

I am hoping......my sister can find a long term care nursing facility for my mom and her spouse in the near future. My step-dad remains in hospital right now, and my mom has been moved to a Rehab centre in Kitchener.

I am hearing.......the sound of tires on wet pavement and the drip...drip of water outside falling on metal.

Around the house.......the animals and my Sweetie are napping in the living room. The dishwasher is running. There is lots of housework for me to do.

One of my favourite things......is our annual Girls' Weekend.

A few plans for the rest of the week......include bringing in the harvest of tomatoes, more beans, peppers and cucumber. I need to do some dusting and vacuuming and purge more stuff to take to the thrift store. I cannot save anything for another yard sale this Fall. There just isn't anywhere to store it. I am getting rid of it. Also, I am going through the black freezer in the front room, removing all of our stuff and putting it in the white freezer in the back room. We will each have our own freezers, and I will take inventory of what I have. I also need somewhere to put all the vegetables from the garden.

Here is a picture I am sharing.........this is the gift that my friend left for me to open when I returned home. When we were hitting the roads last weekend, I found this delightful "lazy Susan" BBQ set in a gift shop. She went back this week and bought it for me as a thank you for the help I gave her after the surgery. Even the gift box is a beautiful gift I can re-use.

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you and your garden that it rained!

    I hope your sister is successful in finding living arrangements for your mom too. It's got to be stressful.

    It sounds like a good plan to separate freezers. I also need to drop off donations at the thrift store. They're sitting in front of the front door so I can't miss them but I continue to walk right past them.

    What a nice gift from your friend! It was very clever of her to observe you during your shopping trip and go back to get what had caught your eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got the freezers sorted out today. It is the one and only thing I got accomplished this afternoon. Otherwise, I was on the computer all day.

    Yes, my friend is very observant. I just love my BBQ condiment gift set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little condiment set! So glad you had a chance to get some extra sleep after your weekend. As you observed on my post -- travel can be exhausting, even when you're having fun.

    I too hope your sister is able to find good arrangements for your mom and step-dad. That can all be so harrowing and stressful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both on a 2-year waiting list for a nursing home close to Guelph where my sister lives. In the meantime, they will each have a room in the same nursing facility (but on different floors.) They will be able to visit each other during the day. I don't know how soon this will happen.

    ReplyDelete