Monday, July 17, 2017

Daybook: Monday 17/07/17

Outside my window.....everything is sopping wet, but the sun is trying very hard to come out. I suspect it rained all through the night. It may have even stormed because my clocks were "flashing" this morning. It will take several hours for things to dry up so I will be staying indoors this morning.

I am thinking.....I only have two weeks remaining before company arrives. I need to get my butt in gear and get some work done inside. I should think up a menu and cook a few meals in advance for the freezer to help save my sanity for when our days are full and I have little time for cooking in the heat. I will need to clean the spare bedrooms and bathrooms, so that means making up a massive "To-Do" list.

I am thankful for.....having a car in good working order.

From the kitchen.....I baked a batch of doggie biscuits on Saturday morning. I am cooking meals from the recipes I printed out last week from the internet for my new diet. I placed all my printouts into page protectors and inserted them inside an extra binder I had. Last night I baked some garlic chicken and roasted some  par-boiled turnip, cauliflower, broccoli and mushrooms for my son coming over for dinner. The lack of potatoes  wasn't even noticed.

I am wearing.....the same thing I wore yesterday. I haven't had my shower yet, so I am in my denim shorts and a printed T-shirt I wear when working around the house. I would like to clean one of the bathrooms today before I shower and change.

I am creating.....my birthday cards for August.

I am going.....to No-Frills or Shopper's Drug Mart sometime later today. I am completely out of eggs and I am running low on whole milk.

I am hoping.....my sister's house sells quickly. Both she and her husband have decided to retire and downsize. They have put an offer on a lovely home up North where my father still lives, on the condition they sell their home in Guelph. It will go on the market at the end of July.

I am hearing.....the sound of my window fan here beside me at the computer, and the "ping" of new mail coming in on my Blackberry.

Around the house.....I got the vacuuming done downstairs yesterday. I also cleaned and sanitized my kitchen counters and stove top, took out the kitchen compost, and sorted out the recycling for the bins outside. I washed two super loads of laundry yesterday and dried one load in the dryer because of the rain. It kind of turned into a Domestic Sunday once I started, but I hope it continues through today.

One of my favourite things.....right now are some of the flowers that have come out this past week because they are big and spectacular. I have my Adam's Needle (yucca), snowball Hydrangea, and Clematis in bloom right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....do not include doctor's appointments. I had two last week and that should do me for a while. I will have to include another shopping trip at some point to pick up more veggies, especially since both green cabbage and cauliflower are on sale this week. I have also been making up a shopping list for ingredients I don't have for some of the new recipes I am using.

Here's a picture I am sharing.....
My clematis with Snowballs in the foreground.




4 comments:

  1. The clematis vine is beautiful! And I also love hydrangeas.

    You were very busy and productive! Good luck on getting the freezer meals and so on completed before your company arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. I did a little grocery shopping again this morning and purchased 5 cauliflower and 4 heads of cabbage. I have already shredded two cabbages and I am in the midst of frying it up to give me a head start on some of my new recipes. This diet seems to be very labour intensive.

      Delete
  2. The flowers are absolutely stunning. You have such a beautiful garden!

    See why I told you not to fret about not commenting on my blog? It's taken me 4 days to comment on yours! Some days, we just don't feel like commenting and I think it's just fine :)

    I hope you're having a lovely week and not overdoing it in order to prepare for your company! How's the diet going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can assure you I am not overdoing it. I have not done any cleaning since Monday. I went shopping again on Wednesday morning and have spent two full days cooking. It has been too hot and humid to work outside.
      My new way of eating is still progressing nicely, but it has been very labour intensive.

      Delete