Monday, April 24, 2017

Daybook: Monday, April 24/17

Outside my window.....the day is sunny, the grass in the front lawn is growing quite long, and I have more daffodils in bloom.

I am thinking.....I may need to bring out the lawnmower this week. And I am also chastising myself for not having gone out this weekend to pull weeds like I had planned to do.

I am thankful for.....the past week of non-committal. I still got lots of emails and phone calls from friends and family wanting to know how I am doing, but I did not feel any obligations to go anywhere or do anything.  It truly felt like my alone time that I have been craving recently. It was lovely.

From the kitchen.....I baked  a turkey pot pie with some of the frozen leftover turkey from three weeks ago, and a biscuit topping. I made coleslaw to go with it for Saturday's dinner with my son and his GF. Yesterday I baked some more doggie biscuits for Satchel. One batch generally lasts only two weeks.

I am wearing.....my skinny jeans, socks, and my favourite pink printed 3/4 sleeved T-shirt that has so many tiny holes in the fabric now, that I may only be able to wear it while working in the garden and not in public.

I am creating.....more cards. I need to make 5 masculine birthday cards in the next four weeks, and a Mother's Day card.

I am going.....nowhere today. I had to pick up a prescription yesterday; and while I was at it, I bought a loaf of bread, some margarine, canned soup  and a box of cereal that was on sale. This will probably be a no-drive, no-spend day.

I am hoping.....that my executor duties will finally quiet down this week and that I have no more stressful days having to deal with legal issues of my husband's passing.

I am hearing......some traffic noise and birds chirping. Robins and starlings have built nests under the eaves of my house.

Around the house.....the same work remains to be done as I reported last week.

One of my favourite things.....is my newly acquired  Cricut cartridge. I made lots of butterflies yesterday, inspired by a Youtube video by Hero Arts using vellum layering.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....don't include planning. Maybe it will be another "fly by the seat of my pants" week. I will do what inspires me.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....a pansy that my son and GF brought me on Saturday.




2 comments:

  1. Can you mow the weeds?

    I'm glad you're enjoying yourself making cards. Last year you were stressing about decluttering your crafting room and couldn't make the cards you wanted, remember? Crafting is therapeutic, I hear. Kind of like eating chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got the alone time you needed! As an introvert, I can relate. The pansy is beautiful -- I really love them, although I find that they wilt kind of quickly in our heat (even though they smell them here).

    Also, the oatmeal raisin cookies in your previous post looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete